– My Mom does make the most gorgeous banana muffins. Here I modify things slightly to go gluten free and refined sugar free.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil or good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2/3 cup ground gluten free oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp good quality cocoa
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Prep muffins tins with light lining of coconut oil
- Mix together beaten eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup, oil, vanilla and baking powder.
- Add in ground almonds, ground oats and cocoa plus any optional ingredients and stir just until mixed.
- Pop in oven at 180C/350F for 30-35 minutes or knife comes out of a muffin clean.
Makes about 10 small muffins.
I suggest doubling recipe if you want some muffins for a few days.