“If I have another egg and gluten free toast, I’m going to develop a blinky facial twitch!”
This is how the conversation started with my friend and colleague Mandy Lehto (@mandylehto) the other day.
She wanted to know other healthy breakfast options. Many came to mind and I share 6 of my favourites below.
- Avocado on rye toast – one of my absolute favourites with a bit of butter & chilli flakes
- Proper old fashioned cooked oats – with a sprinkle of cinnamon, almonds & chia seeds
- Miso soup – certainly a non-traditional breaky (miso is fermented so great for our gut health)
- Left over homemade curry – again not one you would think of for breakfast but a nice warming option
- Smoked mackeral or salmon – with handful of spinach, sprinkle of seeds, beetroot & drizzle of olive oil
- Gluten & sugar free pancakes – great anytime of year! Top with your favourite berries, almond butter or just simply some good quality real butter (find the recipe here)
Enjoy any of these options instead of eggs. Having variety to our foods stimulates our bodies and keeps us interested.
Share your favourite healthy breakfasts with me on twitter, facebook or instagram @positivelyslim #healthybreaky
Want to really explore your nutrition? Talk with one of my recommended nutritionists.