Wherever you are in the world there is probably a beach somewhere nearby.
Whether it is a fresh water lake, ocean or sea there are many activities you can do to have fun & keep active while there…..
Here’s a little list to inspire you…
- play frisbee (in or out of water)
- jog in shallow water (parallel to shoreline)
- knees up in shallow water (parallel to shoreline)
- body boarding
- hops, skips & jumps along the sand
- pilates or yoga moves on your towel
- play with the kids in the water
- throw a baseball, rugby or football
- kite surf
- do press-ups, planks & v-sits on your towel
- canoeing or kayaking
- hacky sack on the beach (retro for sure & great exercise!)
- squats in calm water (great support for those recovering from injury or just learning)
- tread water (great energy burner)
- walk or jog the sand dunes or steps up from the beach
- walk the dog in the morning or evening (wear your bug spray!!!)
- throw a ball around in water with partner, leap out of water to catch & enjoy the landing
- play in the waves (I have great memories of doing this in Canada and New Zealand)
- hike the surrounding rocks & explore shoreline pools (be careful here & watch footing)
That’s it for now. I am sure you and your friends and children can come up with many more fun ideas. Be sure to wear your sunscreen and protective clothing if needed. I am sure something on our list has caught your fancy….Have fun!!!