– A guest recipe post by Anna Atkins of @lemonsqueezy – Sauteed Spinach with Shallots
Notes from Anna:
This tasty, quick and healthy side takes just 15 minutes to get to the table. Enjoy with meat or fish such as Anna’s Salmon in Citrus Sauce
- Rinse the spinach under running water. Peel and finely chop the shallot. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Warm the olive oil in a shallow pan. Add the chopped shallot and a little salt and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the crushed garlic and cook for another minute.
- Put the spinach in the pan and stir briefly. Cover the pan with a lid and steam-fry the spinach for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid, season with a little salt and a good grinding of black pepper and boil rapidly to evaporate any cooking liquid. Serve immediately.